Sunday, April 18, 2010

Art Dump #4

Not as big as my last one but posting it anyway.

I had my art class Saturday. Usually we stay at Mrs. Mona's house (my art teacher.) but she decided that since only two of us showed up, we needed a change of scenery and she took us to a local cemetery to look at gravestones and sketch some of them .(Definitely up my alley, I'll say.) It was very interesting. We saw dates that went back all the way to 1832. And we saw a lot of grave spots for children and infants around 1834. It was kind of sad. (I think an awful disease hit around that time.) While we were walking I spotted a BEAUTIFUL statue of this angel inside some type of monument and we sat down and sketched it, then painted it in watercolor, very roughly.

Here's what I got up. (sorry you can't see the sketch very well. I used a very hard lead which makes the lines come out lighter.)

I was trying to get the basic idea down. (and trying to capture exactly what I saw.)

Then we got it in watercolor. My teacher and the other student both thought of the angel with brown hair, but to me, he seemed more like he had blonde. This was also my first time attempting realism with watercolor. I think the color came out well but the drawing just sucks. I need to practice realism more...

No comments:

Post a Comment